The mandate of UDHIS is:
- To advocate and represent the interests of the Somali Union Cooperative Movement (UDHIS) at all levels national and international.
- To involving its economic and enrichment program that strengthening collaboration between Cooperatives and their partners with the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA), Arab and African Cooperatives Union etc.
- To promote Cooperative Movements and investigate problems related to market access for the cooperative business and seek for the network and proper partners associated and interested with cooperative products, while preserving the cooperative identity.
- To create empowerment system and sustain cooperative movement, through innovative transfer of knowledge, research and networking, for improved cooperative productivity
- To train and educate the members for capacity of the cooperators in the proper leadership, management and operations of cooperatives using the recommended cooperative principles as well as the role of cooperative practices.
- To provide advisory services to co-operatives in their productions and accurate an operation manners.
- To mobilize resources for the Union cooperatives movement in Somalia as a whole.